The Worimi Green Team bring to this project a skilled team of natural resource management (NRM) operators (a.k.a bushland regenerators) that have a proven and demonstrated ability to undertake projects of this nature and magnitude.
Worimi Green Team can offer:
- A professional bushland regeneration team skilled in:- Rehabilitation and land management of on-ground works- Working in areas of significance e.g.
* Aboriginal Culture,Heritage
* Rare & threatened species including endangered ecological communities (EEC)
* Noxious weed control
- Highly trained and enthusiastic staff who are furthering their education and have completed and/or are in the process of completing additional NRM related courses;
- A commitment to the values of NRM and a recognition of the need to balance Development, Aboriginal cultural values and the conservation and management of biodiversity;
- A proven track record for completing small to large scale projects in a cost efficient, well-timed and realistic manner.
- A team of flexible NRM operators (generally consisting of up to a team of four persons) with the ability to call upon a registered list of additional staff and professionals/partners.
The Worimi Green Team has and continues to undertake a collection of NRM projects relevant to the needs being sought by various contractors.Due to the diversity of landforms and tenures, various work methods were applied including but not limited to:
- Manual handling / removal of weeds;
- Chemical application (back pack & vehicle mounted);
- Vegetation surveys and monitoring: in areas of threatened flora,fauna species, daily work reports and photographic recording of works undertaken.
- Weed distribution mapping and monitoring: future weed management strategies as well as regeneration work within Endangered Ecological Communities, and
- Stock tube planting, revegetation and stabilisation;
The Worimi Green Team is highly mobile, with the ability to easily and quickly travel to remote sites and undertake field work. The team is fully equipped to manage and support all contract works with an extensive range of bush regeneration equipment including:
- A Twin Cab Turbo Diesel Nissan Navara,Box Trailer,Plus access to a fleet of twin cab Isuzu 4WD’s
- Quickspray unit with 250 litre tank (vehicle ,ATV mounting compatible),
- Back pack spray units and Splatter guns,
- Brush cutters and chainsaws,
- Tractors, mowers & slasher,and
- Full suite of Hand tools and personal NRM Kits.
- Regular inventory and safety checks are performed on all tools and equipment (including vehicles) to maintain and keep them in good safe working order.
- All staff are fully versed and trained in the use, maintenance and storage of all tools, machinery accessed.
The Worimi Green Team is a “not-for-profit” Aboriginal community based organisation committed to the regeneration and rehabilitation of natural environments and urban-based environmental education.
Worimi Green Team has been an active participant in numerous significant regional and local land management projects including dune stabilization and the bush regeneration and rehabilitation of wetlands.
Worimi Green Team is a combination of specialist employees, NRM operators, field trainees and partners i.e. botanist, horticulturalist which, given the diversity in knowledge, skill base and experience available to the Worimi Green Team, make us well versed in a range of specialist landscape and natural resource management services, providing the experience and capacity to coordinate both small and large-scale projects.
Worimi Green Team uses integrated management strategies and techniques, implementing best environmental and sustainable practices relevant to the worksite (habitat) with a focus on the following key elements:
- Rare & Threatened species;
- Endangered species
- Noxious weeds;
- Erosion and stabilization techniques
- Bush regeneration and restoration projects Including staged planting and maintenance programs of degraded habitat,and
- Maintenance of land and environmentally sensitive sites (including Aboriginal culturally significant sites and areas).
The Worimi Green Team is a social enterprise where; unlike mainstream business entities, ALL FUNDS received through NRM contracts are diverted back through the Worimi Community Land, Business Plan of the Worimi Local Aboriginal land Council and utilised to provide Social Benefit Schemes to the local Aboriginal community in the following areas:
- Further Education & Scholarships
- Health & Wellbeing
- Housing; and
- Employment & Training programs (including):
- Worimi Green Team employment, development,training
- Cultural Education Programs (Curriculum based)
Each of these initiatives are design to empower and improve the standard of living for local Aboriginal people, better equipping them with life skills and personal development opportunities to gain independence and sustainability.Our experienced and qualified team can provide a range of services, including but not limited to the following:
- Design and implementation of planting, restoration and regeneration projects including:
- Sand Dune, bushland, wetland and riparian sites
- A range of erosion and sediment control measures ranging from mechanical construction to the use of onsite materials
- Minor stabilisation works
- Site assessment and inspection services
- Monitoring and maintenance of works and services
- Local provenance seed collection and propagation (to order)
- Supply of quality plant stock grown from locally sourced seed (to order)
Mr Richard Kime
Snr Team Leader / Supervisor
Office: 02 4965 1500 or Mobile: 0422 832 058
Thirteen years (13) Natural Resource Management,Landscaping
- Conservation Land Management (Cert I, II & III)
- Chainsaw Training (cross-cut & felling);
- 4WD & All-Terrain Vehicle Certified;
- Instructor Training Course – Agriculture Weed Identification and Management;
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training;
- Senior First Aid Certificate;
- OH&S Construction Induction Certificate;
- AQF4 Chemical Risk Management Certificate;
- Supervision and training of staff and trainees in company procedures & techniques.
- Native seed collection, cleaning and propagating
- First response fire awareness training;
- Yellow Card Certified 2012 (roadside traffic control);
- RTA Manual Drivers Licence Class – Medium Rigid (MR)
Supervisory Field Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Bush Regeneration,
Weed control (traditional and mechanized methods).
Vegetation management, brush matting & habitat piles
Native planting and rehabilitation
Use, maintain, repair and service small machines (chainsaws, brush cutters, pumps etc.)
- Site access, track construction and maintenance
- Dune stabilization fence construction and maintenance
- Native seed collection, cleaning and propagation
- Supervise and liaise work in co-ordination with sub-contractors and companies.
- Remote areas, bush land, urban and rural weed spraying/control using quick spray units if required
- Supervision and training of staff and trainees in company procedures and techniques
- Perform staff site inductions and pre-work safety meetings and risk assessments
- Assisted in the Development of Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
- Trained staff and volunteers in company OHS procedures and practices.
- Site safety inspections for the creation of job safety analysis (JSA) and other OH&S procedures.
- Daily project monitoring, management and reporting
- Team management and work site safety
- Inspect, monitor and maintain use of equipment and materials